I did some research about the home decoration and the relevant industries in the UK market, in order to help me to improve the strengths of my brand.
From those researches, I got several conclusions:
• A large number of British families (2 peoples) prefer to arrange their homes by themselves than to hire a professional decoration company.
• Almost local decoration companies are professional, and they focus on high-end audience, so the price is high.
• There are two main forms of decoration engineering in the UK market: Inside Construction, which will be supervised by local relevant departments. And Inside Decoration, which will always arranged by owners themselves.
So far, I have a clear position of my brand in the UK market, one is the Material Layer and another one is the Spirit Layer. As shown in Figure below:
This is the development from the very beginning until now.
I learned a lot from the process. Every discussion and question makes me even stronger.
Next step is to focus on my concept and design draft…
We are officially in the PGD Phase. In this semester, there are three main aspects that I’m going to focus on:
• Go deep into branding (academic reading + cases study)
• The UK market (to visit some local shops + home furnishing market)
• Outline my own brand; define the main concept of my lifestyle and the function and value of this brand. (Branding outline + …)
After the busy three months, it’s the time to our first big and formal presentation…
This is my presentation structure:
• What am I doing? (Title + brief)
• Why I want to do this? (The intrinsic value and the value for me)
• How to achieve this? (Culture + Home furnishings (several cases) + Branding)
• What I learned form this phase? And what should I focus on the next phase?
It is the presentation of my project proposal